Braised and Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
These Braised and Glazed Chicken Drumsticks are so succulent and juicy they'll have you running back for more every time. The best thing about this dish, it's one of the easiest chicken recipes and cooked all in one pot!
- Coconut flavored soda can usually be found at Asian supermarkets.
- The meat is moist and the glaze is sweet, which is perfect over a bed of white rice and vegetables.
- 10 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can coconut flavored soda
- Take chicken drumsticks, remove skin, wash and pat try.
- Put chicken in container, cover and let this marinate.
- This requires an overnight marination (but if you're impatient, a few hours should work).
- When ready to cook: In a skillet over medium heat, brown all sides of the chicken for a few minutes.
- Pour 1 can of coconut soda into the pan, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes. The key to braising the meat is with this coconut flavored soda.
- Meanwhile, continue turning the chicken every so often to let it cook evenly.
- After 20 minutes, take the cover off and turn the heat to high to let the Coco soda evaporate, which will thicken the sauce into a glaze.