Best Oven Fried Chicken
This fabulous Best Oven Fried Chicken recipe from Chobani uses yogurt to create an amazing marinade that makes this chicken incredibly moist. It's also one of the best easy baked chicken recipes you'll find.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 cup (about 8-ounces) Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed and halved at joint
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together Chobani, mustard and garlic in shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set wire rack on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Put flour, paprika, thyme, baking powder, salt, and pepper in plastic bag. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess.
- Place 2 pieces in bag and shake to coat. Remove chicken, shake off excess coating, and place pieces on prepared rack.
- Repeat with remaining chicken. (Discard any leftover flour mixture and marinade.) Moisten chicken pieces with spray.
- Bake the chicken until golden brown and no longer pink in center, about 40 to 50 minutes or until thermometer inserted into center of pieces reads 170 degrees F.