Simple Mexican Chicken Casserole
Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients in this recipe. This simple recipe comes together in minutes and it's a dish the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 to 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 pound Velveeta
- 10 ounces Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large bag doritos, crushed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Cooked squash, zucchini or mushrooms, optional
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in oil.
- Mix onion, bell pepper, Velveeta, tomatoes, soups, sour cream. Heat on stovetop or in microwave. Stir to blend and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Layer in a large baking dish alternating the crushed chips and the chicken, with the sauce mixture. If you opt to include the zucchini, squash, and/or mushrooms, put them in top of the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheddar and paprika on top. Cover in foil, bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes.
Read NextMagic Chicken Pie