Layered Buffalo Chicken Bake
One of the tastiest casserole recipes in our collection, Layered Buffalo Chicken Bake has a little bit of a kick that will have you eating bite after bite. Loaded with roasted potatoes and shredded chicken, it is then topped with crumbled bacon. There's not one thing to dislike about this fantastic bake. Serve with some ranch or blue dressing to cut down on the taste of the hot sauce and enjoy this creative casserole.
- cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce, or your favorite hot sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for garnish
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Heat hot pepper sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and salt in a large skillet over low heat, stirring until thoroughly combined. Turn off heat.
Toss potatoes in batches with the hot pepper sauce mixture to coat and use a slotted spoon to transfer potatoes to the prepared baking dish.
Leave remaining sauce in skillet. Mix chicken into remaining sauce and allow to marinate while potatoes roast. You can place it in the fridge.
Bake potatoes until tender inside and crisp and brown outside, 45 to 50 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
Reduce oven heat to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Spread chicken cubes over roasted potatoes. Sprinkle Mexican cheese blend, cooked bacon, and green onions over chicken.
Return to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and the cheese topping is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Bake in oven until chicken is cooked through and the cheese topping is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Add blue cheese crumbles and dressings if desired.