Fresh Tomato Chicken Casserole
Inject some tangy flavor into your dinner routine with this great chicken casserole recipe. Add this baked chicken recipe to your chicken casserole recipe arsenal. You will return to this recipe for chicken casserole over and over again.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- OR 1 can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup grated low fat cheese
1. Arrange chicken snugly but not overlapping in shallow baking dish.
2. Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, basil, and parsley in a bowl mix well. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
4. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Serve on top of rice.
Read NextNonni's Family Night Casserole