Creamy Loaded Spaghetti Bake
Get a load of this unique and delicious chicken casserole recipe. It's one of our favorite dinners to make for the family because it's packed to the brim with tasty ingredients like chicken, mushroom, cheese and pasta. This Creamy Loaded Spaghetti Bake will have everyone at the table smiling once they taste their first bite. In fact, we'd wager to say that this is one of the best chicken casserole recipes we've come across because it has so much goodness baked into one amazing dish!
Cooking Time35 min
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 12 ounces ground raw chicken
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp American cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Break spaghetti in half. Cook spaghetti according to package directions just until tender. Drain and transfer spaghetti to a large mixing bowl.
In a large skillet cook chicken, mushrooms, onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add chicken mixture to spaghetti.
In a small saucepan melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
Add American cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat.
Stir in olives, parsley and pimiento. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
Transfer to a greased 2-quart square baking dish or casserole.
In a small mixing bowl toss together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through.
Read NextThe Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie