Potluck Potato Casserole
If you like Amish recipes and love easy casserole recipes then you're going to love this dish! Inspired by the Amish this Potluck Potato Casserole uses basic and budget friendly ingredients. It's low maintenance but not low on flavor.
Cooking Time45 min
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10.5-ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the potatoes until almost soft. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the onion, Velveeta cheese, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cream of chicken soup, ½ cup butter, sour cream and salt.
- Add to the potatoes and pour mixture into a buttered casserole or baking dish.
- Mix together the corn flakes, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, 1/4 cup of melted butter and cover the potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.