Nutty Celery Casserole
Put your Ritz crackers to use in this super-simple, Nutty Celery Casserole dish. Pair pecans with celery, add a layer of Ritz, and you've got yourself a nutty addition to your list easy casserole recipes!
Cooking Time30 min
- 3 cups celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 pint cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place celery and sugar in water to cover. Cook until tender. Drain and mix with pecans.
- Make cream sauce with butter, flour, and cream, stirring until thick.
- Add salt, pepper, and egg. Mix with celery and nuts.
- Pour into buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole dish; top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes.