Lazy Man's Cheap Cabbage Rolls
This was a family staple growing up. Simple to make, the cabbage is stuffed with ground beef and rice and then topped with Mozzarella cheese. Hearty, cheesy, and delicious, make this casserole recipe for your family tonight.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup minute rice
- Mushrooms, fresh and sliced or canned that are well drained
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Brown hamburger in a skillet. Shred the cabbage.
- In a large greased casserole place a layer of shredded cabbage, then cover with browned hamburger, mushrooms and rice.
- Cover with remaining cabbage. Pour over spaghetti sauce. Garnish with cheese.
- Bake at until cabbage is tender and sauce is fairly well absorbed, about 2 to 2-1/2 hours.