Italian Sausage Casserole
Make up this interesting Italian sausage recipe and bring something unique to your menu. This Italian Sausage Casserole is beyond easy and tastes wonderful.
You may need more water during cooking if it's becoming to dry. When done, it should be saucy but not juicy. You can substitute canned peas, but they should be added at the end so they don't over cook.
- 1 pound Italian sausage, bulk or with casings removed
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup elbow macaronies
- 1 box frozen peas
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup water
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, break up and brown sausage with onions. Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes (including juice from can), breaking them up.
- Add elbows, peas and water. Stir. Bring to a boil; set back to simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until elbows are cooked.
- Stir often so elbows won't stick to bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.
Read NextCorn Casserole
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jul 01, 2017
This is a one skillet meal, and not a true casserole since it isn't baked. Still, the dish is convenient and easy to prepare, and will have dinner ready in practically no time. I like that this recipe has few ingredients and keeps things simple. Since I enjoy well seasoned food, I would add some Italian seasoning when making this.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use