Italian Rice One-Pot Meal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I made this Italian Rice One-Pot Meal with items I had on hand one day and just thought they would be good together for a quick and hardy meal. This is the most requested meal I make by family and friends. It does make a large quantity, but everyone is always looking to take some home with them. If there are any leftovers, they don't last for more than one day. I have been making this recipe for over 40 years and it's still requested almost every month.
This recipe was submitted as part of the Swiss Diamond One Pot Wonder Recipe Contest.
Preparation Time15 min
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 large onion
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
Dice onions and green peppers into 3/4-inch pieces. Place oil in large Dutch Oven. Add onions, green peppers, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes to pan. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add ground beef and garlic to pan and cook another 5 minutes until beef is no longer pink.
Add can of diced tomatoes and 28 ounces of water to pan. Add 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a simmer about 5 minutes.
Add rice and cook approximately 20 minutes in covered pan over medium heat, until rice is just cooked. Stir frequently so rice does not stick.
Add can of crushed tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you love being able to have the best of both worlds when it comes to dessert and breakfast, you're going to adore this Heavenly… Continue reading: "Heavenly Cinnamon Bun Pievideocam"
- "When The Bishop Calls" Casserole
- Ultimate King Ranch Casserole
- 18 Easy Casserole Recipes from Campbell's
- Dump and Go Amish Casserole
- Busy Day Rice Casserole
- Retro Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Kentucky Hot Brown Casserole
- Amish Yumasetti Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 4-Ingredient Pork Chop Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Whiskey Sour
- Egg In A Hole Breakfast
- How To Make A Simple Charcuterie Board
- Sloppy Joes
- Taco Soup
- Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies With Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
- 20 Min Spiced Salmon
- Easy Banana Muffins
- Easy Kashmiri Pulao
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes