Hot Dog Macaroni
Do your kids love macaroni and hot dogs? Combine their two food loves with this interesting new take on Macaroni and hot dogs, hot dog macaroni. It's the taste that kids will love and you will never have to tell them to clear their plate.
Cooking Time32 min
- 1 7-ounce package, elbow macaroni (2 cups uncooked)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 10 frankfurters, split lengthwise
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and saut onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes, do not brown.
- Stir in milk and cook until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat, add macaroni, carrots, sour cream, salt and dill weed.
- Arrange frankfurters vertically around a deep 1-quart casserole dish, pour macaroni mixture in center.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.