Corn Dog Casserole
If you love corn dogs and casserole, you will love this recipe for corn dog casserole! If you're looking for quick dinner recipes for kids, this corn dog casserole could be the dish for you. It's easy, fast and guaranteed to be a kid pleaser.
Cooking Time45 min
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 pound hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (17-ounce) packages corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 minutes; add onions and saute for 5 minutes more, then place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute the hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables.
- Set aside 1 cup. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in cornbread mixes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.