Chili Dog Casserole
Got a pack of hot dogs that you don't know what to do with? Instead of eating them with ketchup, you could put them into a casserole and serve at your next family meal. Combined with chili hot beans, the flavor of this hot dog recipe is amazing.
To serve on buns:
- Heat chili beans, tomato sauce, and seasoning.
- Prepare hot dogs with cheese as above.
- Place hot dogs with cheese in sliced brat buns and top with chili mixture.
Cooking Time25 min
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 slices cheese
- 1 can (15-ounce) chili hot beans
- 1 can (8-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- cayenne red pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make three 1/2-inch diagonal slits in each hot dog.
- Cut cheese into strips and insert strips in each slit in the hot dogs.
- In ungreased baking dish (11-1/2 x 7- 1/2) mix beans, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Arrange hot dogs on bean mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.