This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Cheesy Bacon Brussel Sprouts Casserole
"This incredibly delicious casserole has lots of flavors in it that meld together and create one amazing side dish. If you’re looking for a way to use brussels sprouts other than boiling or roasting them, this is it. Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts Casserole is made with two cheeses, Parmesan and Cheddar. The sauce is made with half and half. And then there’s the bacon! The only bacon my husband allows in the house is thick cut, you can use thinner cut if you like. You can use fresh or frozen thawed brussels sprouts in the recipe. I always buy frozen to have on hand in the freezer, that’s what I used. I thawed them before I made the recipe. Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts Casserole… This cheesy, creamy, bacon laden brussels sprouts casserole is a great out of the ordinary side dish perfect for family and holiday dinners, ENJOY!"
- 5 cups fresh or frozen brussel Sprouts cut in half, if frozen thaw before starting recipe
- 6 slices slices bacon cut into 1 inch pieces, cooked until crisp and drained on a paper towel
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease, reserved from frying bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillion granules