Best Pumpkin Casserole
The perfect fall dish, pumpkin recipes are fun and easy to make. My family voted this recipe the Best Pumpkin Casserole, it makes a great entree or side dish.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 1/2 pound fresh pumpkin meat
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c milk
- 3/4 cup farmers cheese or ricotta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a paring knife or vegetable peeler, peel and discard outer skin of the pumpkin.
- Slice the pumpkin into 1/4-inch slices and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, salt, pepper and butter and toss well.
- Pour contents of the bowl into a 9-inch round or square greased baking dish, cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, beat eggs, milk and cheese together until smooth.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, remove the cover and pour the cheese mixture over the top.
- Replace in oven, uncovered, another 20 minutes. The gratin is done when it turns golden brown.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Casseroles"
Our collection of easy casserole recipes get dinner on the table in no time. Below, you'll find our very best chicken casserole recipes, breakfast casserole recipes, potato casserole recipes, and everything in between.