Best Pumpkin Casserole
The perfect fall dish, pumpkin recipes are fun and easy to make. My family voted this recipe the Best Pumpkin Casserole, it makes a great entree or side dish.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 1/2 pound fresh pumpkin meat
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c milk
- 3/4 cup farmers cheese or ricotta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a paring knife or vegetable peeler, peel and discard outer skin of the pumpkin.
- Slice the pumpkin into 1/4-inch slices and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, salt, pepper and butter and toss well.
- Pour contents of the bowl into a 9-inch round or square greased baking dish, cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, beat eggs, milk and cheese together until smooth.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, remove the cover and pour the cheese mixture over the top.
- Replace in oven, uncovered, another 20 minutes. The gratin is done when it turns golden brown.