Beefy Mexican Corn Bread
This Mexican cornbread with meat is more than a bread...it's a meal in itself. Mexican cornbread casserole is hearty and delicious, and is the perfect meal for a cool Autumn night.
For lots more tantalizing cornbread recipes (or do you say corn bread recipes?), check out our collection here.
LIke this recipe? Be sure to download the Free 27 Simple Mexican Recipes eCookbook today!
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup self rising corn meal
- 1 16-ounce can yellow cream style corn
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Brown beef and drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients together.
- Add browned beef and mix again.
- Place in 1 large or 2 small, well-greased pans.
- Bake at 325F degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Read NextVintage Southern Corn Pudding