Amish Do It Best Beef Bake
Though not an official Amish dish, this beef casserole recipe uses simple ingredients, many of which could be pulled from your own garden or farmer's market. A lifestyle that the Amish thrive on. Live simply and make up this Amish Do It Best Beef Bake.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a skillet over moderate heat. Add onion and garlic.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Push to one side and add beef.
- Stir occasionally until browned.
- Mix coriander, ginger, tomatoes, brown sugar, parsley, salt, pepper, and peppers in a bowl.
- Add to beef. Mix well and transfer to ungreased 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve over rice.
Read NextEasy Cabbage Roll Casserole