Almost A Meal Casserole
This aptly-named casserole really is almost a meal in itself. Just throw together a tossed salad - or get a bag o' salad - and you're all set. Easy peasy!
Very good for preparing ahead of time. To reheat, place foil loosely over top and reheat in oven for about 20 minutes.
If you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly ground beef casserole recipe, then find more great options in Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time1 hr 15 min
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a bowl, combine browned and drained beef, onion, tomatoes with liquid, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole.
- Layer the potatoes, flour, corn and green peppers on top.
- Cover and bake at 375F degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and continue baking, uncovered, for 30 minutes longer.
Read NextStupidly Easy Mexican Casserole