- 1 medium onion
- 2 green chillies (heat to taste)
- 1 tbsp home-made curry powder (optional)
- 2 stock cubes
- 175g (6oz, 1 cup) brown rice
- 400g (15oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 courgettes (zucchini) - about 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (green bell pepper
- 2 425g (16oz) cans small beans such as flageolet or cannellini
- 325g (11oz) can sweetcorn
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Serves 7. Chop the onion. Deseed and chop the chillies. Saute onion, chillies and curry powder (if using) in stock made with the cubes, or use oil if you wish, until onion is softened. Add the rice and canned tomatoes, along with 450ml (16 fl oz, 2 cups) of water. Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, chop the courgettes and peppers. After 25 minutes cooking, add the courgettes and peppers (don't stir them in yet) and cook for another 30 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Drain and rinse the beans and sweetcorn, then stir in and heat through gently for about 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander and serve.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Caribbean Recipes"
A collection of authentic Caribbean recipes, including chicken recipes, salad recipes, fish recipes, dessert recipes, appetizer recipes, pork recipes and beef recipes.
There are no records