Sara Lee Copycat Pound Cake
Sara Lee's Pound Cake has become a favorite in the American household. Moist and delicious, it's buttery flavor reminds us of holiday parties and family get-togethers. Sara Lee Copycat Pound cake has a rich flavor that will keep you coming back for more. It's cake recipes like this one that have a special place in our hearts. Make a classic in your home and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
Add flour, powdered milk and corn syrup and mix well.
Add in the remaing ingredients and continue to mix until everything is well blended.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 5-inch greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.