Old World Amish Pumpkin Cake
If you love the taste of pumpkin desserts, you'll go crazy over this Old World Amish Pumpkin Cake. Bursting with fall-inspired flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and pumpkin, this classic recipe is one that has stood the test of time. Try it out in your own kitchen and you'll soon be hooked on easy Amish recipes for dessert. They're simply the best!
Cooking Time1 hr
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
Sift first 8 ingredients into medium bowl.
Using electric mixer, beat shortening and 2 cups sugar in large bowl to blend.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add pumpkin and vanilla and beat until combined. Stir in dry ingredients.
Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack and cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over top of cake and serve.
Read NextVintage Oatmeal Cake