Espresso Coffee Cake
Drinking your morning espresso in a cup is so passe. Why not catch your buzz in a new way? This scrumptious Espresso Coffee Cake recipe will wake up all your senses so you can start the day out right. The coffee is in the batter and the glaze, so you'll get a jolt in every bite. It needs to bake for one hour, so make it in the morning before brunch. Or, make it the night before so you can eat it for breakfast.
If you like this coffee cake recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of the 25 Best Coffee Cake Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs (one at a time). Add vanilla.
- Alternate adding sifted dry ingredients with sour cream.
- Take 1/2 of the batter out and mix with dissolved espresso.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan or tube pan.
- Take the batter that is mixed with the espresso and spoon over the first half.
- For the glaze, combine the strong coffee, instant espresso, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool on rack. Invert and cool completely.
- Pour warm glaze over cake and let stand 10 minutes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Cake"
Make any occasion special with these healthy cake recipes. This page includes ideas for birthday cake ideas, holiday cakes, and fun and fruity cakes. We guarantee that you'll find your new favorite cake recipe on this page.
There are no records