Banana Split Cake Mix Cake
Do you love the ease of cake mix dessert recipes? So do we! This Banana Split Cake Mix Cake is one of our favorite variations on traditional cake mix recipes. It features mashed bananas, chopped walnuts, and delicious hot fudge. The typical banana split flavors may trick you into thinking you're eating cake and ice cream at the same time. Of all the easy dessert recipes we've tried, this is by far one of the tastiest!
Cooking Time45 min
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 18 1/4 ounces Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe White Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 cup bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 egg whites, whipped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve baking soda in buttermilk.
- Add cake mix, bananas, oil, and egg whites.
- Spoon half of banana mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup walnuts evenly over batter and drizzle fudge sauce over walnuts.
- Top with remaining banana mixture; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining walnuts over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
To make a buttermilk substitute: Combine 3 teaspoons vinegar with enough milk to equal 1 cup; let stand 10 minutes.
Read Next1940s Lazy Daisy Cake