Any Fruit Coffee Cake
A great way to get your daily serving of fruits is by eating them in a coffee cake! Get your daily allowance by biting into this oh-so-fruity coffee cake recipe. Any-Fruit Coffee Cake uses your choice of apples, apricots, peaches, pineapple, blueberries or raspberries. Are those enough choices for you? This is one fruit cake that will not be used as a door stopper this year! Eat it for brunch or dessert.
- Makes one 8x8" cake. Can be doubled and baked in a 13x9" pan for 45-50 minutes.
- If you like this coffee cake recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of the 14 best coffee cake recipes.
Cooking Time45 min
- 1 1/2 cup chopped, peeled apples, apricots, peaches, pineapple, OR
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If using a glass pan, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, combine choice of fruit and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer (do not simmer raspberries) about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the sugar and the cornstarch. Stir into fruit mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together 1/2 cup of the sugar, the 1-1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, and baking soda.
- Cut in 4 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Spread half of the batter into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Spread fruit mixture over batter.
- Drop remaining batter in small mounds atop filling.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the 1/4 cup flour.
- Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven (325 degrees F if using glass pan) for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Read NextE Is For Easter Letter Cake
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
May 05, 2012
Loved it! After a few tweaks in the batter to make it a bit tastier it turned out to be a very scrumptious coffee cake recipe! My first coffee cake baked in Costa Rica! Thank you so much for this recipe!
sunflowerjene 6048 966
Feb 15, 2012
There seems to be a problem making copies of your recipes. For months, I have copied recipes and then in the last few weeks, all I get is the second page of each recipe. I have advised you of this, but the suggestions you sent did not work. I will opt out of your website if I can't get full copies of recipes. Thank you!
Feb 16, 2012
Hi, sunflowerjene 6048966. We're sorry to hear you are still having difficulty printing. We are currently looking into the issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please be sure that you have the most recent version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari, as we do not support outdated software. In the meantime, you can always copy and paste recipes into a Word document and print that way. Thank you! --Editors of RecipeLion
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use