40 Easy Dump Cakes, Cake Mix Recipes, and More
Indulge in these delicious cherry, pineapple, and chocolate dump cake recipes (and more!)
Let's face it: making a cake can take a lot of time and effort. But not all dessert recipes are difficult and time-consuming. This collection of 40 easy cake recipes is proof of that! Keep reading if you're looking for delicious cake recipes that are just as enjoyable to make as they are to eat!
From effortless dump cakes using cake mixes to beyond easy upside down cakes and so much more, there are plenty of simple dessert recipes to choose from in this roundup of in-a-jiffy sweets! Fruits, chocolate, Jell-O, and pudding -- it's all featured right here in our collection of super easy recipes for cake.
These cake recipes don't require a lot of prep time and none of them feature fancy ingredients, so you don't have to worry about overly complicated baking instructions. So if you're cooking for a party or have a large group to feed, look no further than these super-simple crowd-pleasing sweets! Once you try one of these easy recipes for cake, you'll be hooked and coming back to try out the next one!
Enjoy this quick tutorial for Great Grandma's Famous Jimmy Cake, and find it in our Best Old Fashioned Cake Recipes section below!
Table of Contents
For more easy cake recipes, try our collection: Dump and Go Dessert: 23 Crazy Easy Dump Cake Recipes
Stress-Free Dump Cake Recipes
- Easy Hawaiian Poke CakeWe've been crazy about this cake ever since it came out of our test kitchen! It is light and fluffy with tons of fresh fruit flavor, plus it bakes in no time. If you are a fan of pineapple, then you need to make this cake.
- Caramel Apple Dump CakeThis recipe for Caramel Apple Dump Cake is one you will make again and again. The cake is so gooey and rich, with loads of caramel sauce. You won't let another fall pass by without making it!
- Strawberry Peach Dump CakeStrawberry Peach Dump Cake is great for the summer because it uses two different kinds of fruits. Bring this fabulous fruity treat to a picnic or barbecue and watch it disappear as your friends and family devour it. If you're invited to a last-minute get-together, this cake will save the day because it's so easy.
Bonus! If you're making this tasty recipe, check out our How to Hull a Strawberry how to video and tutorial first.
- Hubby's Favorite Dump CakeWhen you talk about classic dump cake recipes, this is exactly what you picture. Made with five simple ingredients including a box of yellow cake mix, a can of crushed pineapple and a can of cherry pie filling, this recipe for Hubby's Favorite Dump Cake is as traditional as dump cake recipes come.
- Pineapple Dump CakeSweet pineapple, fluffy yellow cake, and gooey cherry filling. Need we say more? This pineapple dump cake is crazy easy to make, and your whole family will talk for days about how good it is.
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Dump CakeDump all your ingredients into the pan with the cake mix on top, and bake until gooey underneath and a little bit crispy on top. You can't go wrong with this recipe!
Simple Upside Down Cake Recipes
- Best Ever Upside Down Apple PieYou haven't had an apple pie quite like this before, but we promise you won't be disappointed. This recipe includes everything you love about a great apple pie -- cinnamon, butter and brown sugar -- but is taken up a notch with chopped pecans for a delightfully unexpected crunch.
- Pineapple Upsidedown Cake Mix CakeThis pineapple upside down dump cake is the shortcut way to make this classic dessert. Made with boxed cake mix, pineapple, maraschino cherries, and kiwi, this recipe gives you a unique and quick way to whip up this vintage cake.
- Upside Down Strawberry CakeUpside Down Strawberry Cake uses fresh strawberries, Jell-O, and mini marshmallows to create an amazing layer on the top of the cake when it's turned upside down. The easy cake recipe is perfectly moist and delicious any time of year, especially when topped with a dollop of Cool Whip.
- Banana Coconut Upside Down CakeThis recipe for Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake takes ordinary cake mix cake recipes and puts an entirely new spin on the dessert trend. Not only is this one of the most incredible upside down cake recipes we've found, it's also perfectly tropical with its layers of banana and coconut inside. Serve it up for dessert or even for brunch; this is one of those easy cake recipes that's great to eat almost any time.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down CakeYou will surprise your friends and family with this Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake. It uses fresh, chopped strawberries and rhubarb with a homemade, fluffy cake. When the fresh fruit is put in the oven, the juices create a warm, sweet glaze that keeps the entire cake moist long after it has cooled down.
- Starkrimson Pear Upside Down CakeThe cake has a wonderful cinnamon flavor that comes through in each and every bite. The pears are arranged on the bottom of the pan end up creating a colorful and pretty design that stands out on any table. It makes for a fantastic after dinner dessert especially served with a hot cup of coffee.
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down CakePineapple upside-down cake is popular for a reason, so it's no surprise that other fruits have jumped on the band wagon. Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Cake is a moist cake that's a cross between pineapple upside-down cake and Bananas Foster.
Easy Cake Mix Cake Recipes
- Cannoli Poke CakeItalian dessert recipes are some of the best around, and this cake has all the amazing flavor of a cannoli in an easy-to-make cake! Cannoli Poke Cake is a vanilla cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk, then frosted with an amazing cannoli filling. This easy cake mix recipe is so good, you'll be licking the sides of the pan. Poke cake recipes are seriously some of the best because they are literally dripping with sweet goodness in every bite. Next time you need an easy dessert to feed a crowd, try this poke cake recipe, and get ready to turn some heads!
- Pineapple Coconut Better Than Sex CakeMade with a yellow cake mix base and tropical elements, like coconut flakes and chunks of pineapple, this easy cake recipe is then topped with a layer of pudding mix and whipped cream and sprinkled with chocolate shavings and pecans. Did you die and go to heaven? Yes, yes you did.
- Easy Lemon Pudding CakeTake that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Unforgettable Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses lemon cake mix with a lemon pudding filling. Assembling it is as easy as mixing the batters and pouring them into a pan. Once it's baked, you'll have a light and fluffy lemon cake with a creamy pudding filling.
- Football CakeThis cake mix cake looks like it would be difficult to make, but it is actually very simple! If you're looking for an easy cake that people will be talking about for days, you should check this recipe out.
- Chocolate Pudding Poke CakeChocolate Pudding Poke Cake is one of the easiest cake recipes you'll ever make. Made with instant chocolate pudding mix, yellow cake mix, and just 3 other ingredients, this 5-ingredient poke cake recipe will be the one to turn to in a pinch! If you're a fan of chocolate pudding, this is definitely the cake recipe for you because it's full of it -- literally!
- Dreamy Coconut Cream Poke CakeIf you're a lover of all things coconut, you'll be dreaming about this cake. Dreamy Coconut Cream Poke Cake is a recipe with cake mix, so it's super easy and requires few ingredients. Coconut cream instant pudding is added to the cake mix to make it super moist and full of flavor.
- Strawberry Jello Poke CakeThere's nothing that brings us back to our childhood quite like a classic poke cake recipe, and this Strawberry Jello Poke Cake is about as retro as they come. Made with a box of white cake mix, strawberry Jello and Cool Whip frosting, this light and fluffy cake recipe is great for when you want a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel too full.
Chocolate Dump Cake Recipes
When you want a chocolate dessert, you probably want it right now. We hear you, which is why we've collected our favorite chocolate dump cake recipes for you to enjoy. These easy chocolate recipes with cake mix ensure that you can have a delicious, cocoa-filled dessert in no time at all. Plus, it's easy to keep the ingredients for these recipes on hand in case of a chocolate emergency. How simple is it to keep a box of cake mix in your pantry? Enjoy these easy and yummy desserts!
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump CakeThe most indulgent of all easy dump cake recipes, this super chocolaty treat is one of those things that's great to have on hand in case of emergency... or in case a serious sweet tooth strikes. Mixing up this 4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake is so fast, you'll be eating the finished product in no time... which is just how we like it!
- Dump & Go Chocolate CakeThis recipe for Dump & Go Chocolate Cake has two elements that make it super simple to prepare. First off, it uses a box of chocolate cake mix as its base, so you're already halfway to a delicious cake before you even start baking! Second, this easy chocolate cake recipe is baked in your slow cooker rather than your oven. No need to heat up the house or dirty up an extra pan when you have this simple cake recipe that produces a deliciously moist and chocolaty cake. Give it a try and you're sure to be wowed!
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Dump CakeMake dessert quick, easy, and incredibly delicious with a 3-Ingredient Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dump Cake that’s ready for the oven in just 5 minutes! Whether you need a single-serving treat to satisfy a sweet tooth, a special dessert for a romantic date night for two, or a full-size cake to feed a crowd, this rich and fudgy dump cake is a perfect solution — no baking skills required!
- This Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake is, hands down, the easiest dump cake you will ever make. It requires three ingredients and a chocolate chip garnish - yum! You can also dress this cake up with frosting and other garnishes, such as fruit or sprinkles. It's the ultimate easy dump cake.
- Rich Earthquake CakeTime to shake things up! This Rich Earthquake Cake recipe is the perfect recipe for any party. A moist cake with a gooey center, it is sure to be a hit at your next event. This layered cake is filled with pecans, chocolate chips, coconut, and more for a treat that will truly satisfy all tastes.
- Shortcut Coconut Cream CakeIf you want a little slice of heaven on a plate, all you need to do is whip up this quick-to-make Shortcut Chocolate Coconut Cream Cake. Made with a box of German chocolate cake mix, this is one of those "start with cake mix" dessert recipes that comes together in a snap so you get to enjoy the treat before you know it!
Icebox Cake Recipes
- The Perfect S'mores Icebox CakeFor the ultimate graham crack icebox cake, nothing will do but this Perfect S'mores Icebox Cake. This super simple s'mores dessert recipe will make you smile just thinking about it. Cocoa powder, mini marshmallows, marshmallow cream and graham crackers make this delicious whipped and creamy cake taste just like biting into your favorite, childhood campfire treat. The best part about this cake? You don't have to worry above burning your marshmallows!
- Mocha Icebox Cake"Creamy mocha filling is sandwiched in between graham crackers and topped with rich dark chocolate! This easy five ingredient Mocha Icebox Cake is the perfect Summer treat!"
- No Bake Lemon Raspberry Icebox Cake"Graham crackers layered with whipped cream, lemon curd, and a pile of fresh raspberries! This Lemon Raspberry Icebox Cake is an easy no bake dessert for spring!"
- No Bake Snickers Apple Icebox Cake"This Snickers Apple Icebox Cake is an easy, no bake dessert based off the popular Snickers Apple Salad! Layers of peanut butter cheesecake, graham crackers, caramel sauce and apples all topped with Snickers!"
- No Bake Black Forest Icebox Cake"This No Bake Black Forest Icebox Cake super simple, 3 ingredient dessert that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion — it comes together in no time and you can make ahead!"
- Raspberry Tiramisu Icebox Cake"This easy no-bake dessert is perfect for summer! With layers of coffee-flavored pudding, fresh raspberries, and graham crackers, Raspberry Tiramisu Icebox Cake is a simple treat that will wow your friends and familyand it only takes minutes to prepare!"
- Caramel Apple Golden Oreo No Bake CakeGreat fall flavor in an easy no bake, make ahead dessert! Perfect for Thanksgiving dessert or a special seasonal treat for the kids. This easy dessert recipe is made delicious with golden Oreos, pudding mix, cream cheese and apple pie filling all layered on top of one another for a unique spin on a classic apple pie.
- No Bake Pistachio Icebox CakeThis No Bake Pistachio Icebox Cake is going to make you go nutty! This easy no bake recipe is one that you will use over and over again because it only takes 10 minutes to prepare, and you leave it to refrigerate overnight. It uses creamy pistachio pudding, layers of graham crackers, and is topped with thick whipped cream and chopped pistachios. The light green-colored pudding would be a good holiday dessert for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day!
- Death by Chocolate Icebox CakeChocolate graham crackers are used to hold the cake together and give it texture, while chocolate ganache and chocolate mousse make up the creamy layers. Give this no-bake dessert recipe a try next time you need something quick and easy.
More Super Easy Cake Recipes
- Caramel Heath Bar CakeThis easy and delicious poke cake recipe will "wow" your friends and family. Rich chocolate cake is drizzled in caramel sauce, whipped topping, and crunchy candy bar pieces. They'll never guess that it was so simple to make!
- Easy Gooey Cinnamon Roll CakeEasy Gooey Cinnamon Roll Cake is a feast for the eyes as well as for the stomach. Just look at that perfectly round cinnamon roll with cinnamon goo running in a flawless swirl and a glaze dripping off the sides. Are you drooling yet? Once you're ready to cut into the cinnamon roll cake, it will be devoured in minutes.
- Old Fashioned Yum Yum CakeWhy do we call this dessert Texas Yum Yum Cake? Because one bite of this delightful dessert will have you saying, “yum!” Texas Yum Yum Cake is a tried-and-true no bake dessert recipe that everyone will enjoy. Originating in Texas, this recipe has become popular across all 50 states. It’s just too good to be kept a secret! Instead of resorting to baking a traditional cake in the oven, try this wonderfully easy no bake recipe.
- Peanut Butter Sheet CakePeanut butter lovers rejoice because we've found the ultimate dessert recipe for you. This delicious Peanut Butter Sheet Cake will satisfy all your cravings for the smooth, creamy stuff. Make this easy cake for birthday parties or family gatherings. Everyone loves yummy peanut butter dessert recipes!
- Moist Vanilla Mug CakeCake recipes don't get much easier than this! All you have to do is combine a few simple ingredients, pop your mug in the microwave, and voila! You have a delicious single-serving cake that is an ideal after-dinner treat.
Can't get enough cake? Get even more easy, printable, cake recipes in our "17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix" eCookbook
What's the BEST cake you've ever had?
Read NextCarrot Gooey Cake