Amish Sugar Pie
This is one of the most easy pie recipes you can find and it tastes great too. Go old fashioned and simple with this Amish Sugar Pie, it's cheap to make but not cheap on flavor.
This will not be a firm custard, so don't despair if it doesn't look like the custard pies you are accustomed to. Pie is best served at room temperature.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
- 1 unbaked 8" pie shell
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl blend together the sugar, flour and salt.
- Spread in bottom of pie shell. Pour the milk over the sugar mixture, but do not stir.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkle cinnamon over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes, or until filling bubbles in center.