If you like a mocha flavor or coffee flavor with some sweetness, you're going to love these espresso brownies! There's just the right amount of coffee in them to make them extra delicious, and I still enjoy a cup of coffee on the side...or milk, too.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 9 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 3/4 cup roasted espresso beans, finely ground
- 3 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Line bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment paper; butter generously.
- Preaheat oven to 300F degrees.
- In a stainless steel bowl over boiling water or double boiler, melt chocolate and butter together until smooth.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer set on low, thoroughly mix together ground coffee and sugar.
- Increase speed to medium and gradually add chocolate mixture, walnuts, salt, and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour until just incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes until just barely done; toothpick test indicates doneness (but should not be completely clean). Do not overcook!
Read NextPeanut Butter Puddle Brownies