Vintage Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
Bring your taste buds and warm memories along for these Vintage Biscuits & Gravy. It's the perfect breakfast to indulge on with your family. It might even remind you of simpler times.
This recipe doubles really well.
- 1 pound bulk sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 can pillsbury biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Cook biscuits per package directions, keep warm until gravy is ready.
- Cook sausage, remove from pan and drain.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter-stir in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and stir 1 minute or until as thick as you want.
- Remove from the heat and add the cooked sausage.
- Serve over hot biscuits.