King's Hawaiian Strawberry French Toast
Don't you just love French toast? Make this amazing recipe using King's Hawaiian bread, and you'll love it even more! Fresh strawberries and a little powdered sugar go a long way in making King's Hawaiian Strawberry French Toast the perfect dish to serve for brunch. Each piece of bread has a little pocket cut out of it, which is where the strawberries go. This "stuffed" French toast is absolutely phenomenal. Try it this weekend!
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
- 4 (1 1/2-inch) thick slices King's Hawaiian Bread
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, optional
- butter or vegetable oil for frying
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- maple syrup, for garnish
- Cut each slice into approximately 3-inch wide pieces.
- Using serrated knife, cut a pocket in edge of each slice and fill with strawberries.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and if desired, sugar and orange zest.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Grease with butter or oil.
- Quickly dip (do not soak) slices in egg mixture.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Keep egg mixture well blended.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with additional strawberry slices.
- Serve immediately with warm syrup.