This delicious breakfast or brunch entree is a great way to get your fill of veggies first thing in the morning. Mix and match your favorite cheeses and vegetables for endless variations.
As a variation, use ham slices instead of asparagus and top with corn flakes and 4 tablespoons melted butter.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 can asparagus, pieces or spears
- 4 American cheese slices
- 8 bread slices
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place 4 slices of bread, with crusts removed, into greased 8" X 8" X 2" pan.
- Put a slice of cheese on each piece of bread, then place asparagus evenly on top of cheese. Top each with another slice of bread.
- Mix egg, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard and pour over bread. Let refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle top with additional grated cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until custard is set (knife comes out clean when inserted).