Healthier Homemade Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Our delicious Healthier Homemade Bread is soft and chewy, with the added taste and nutrition of a great 12 Seed and Grain Mix. It's perfect for sandwiches, toasted with honey or jam, and especially good hot out of the oven with a little butter!"
To warm the milk and butter: Put them in a microwaveable safe bowl and microwave for 1½ minutes at 100% power, stir. Let sit a minute or two, or until the butter is melted, then stir again.
Bring an egg to room temperature quickly by gently placing it in a cup of warm tap water and allowing it to sit for about 5 minutes.
The dough should double in bulk in about one (1) hour and have lots of air bubbles. These are signs of good quality yeast, which makes for great homemade breads.
This dough is a little wetter than most bread doughs, so the additional flour will help with the kneading and shaping.
Use a kitchen scale to weigh your dough. My loaves weighed 1 lb 3 oz each.
The dark baking pan baked in 25 minutes and the stainless steel pan baked in 30 minutes. Check your breads at 25 minutes because oven temperatures and baking pans may vary.
Makes (2) 1 lb loaves, 15-16 slices each
Preparation Time10 min
Chilling Time2 hr
Cooking Time25 min
Cooking Vessel Size9" x 5" Loaf Pans
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Honey Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 5 Minute Homemade Crusty Bread
- Homemade Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Easy Cast Iron Skillet Biscuits
- Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread
- Blueberry Muffin Bread Recipe
- Quick Amish Cinnamon Bread
- 17 Addictive Pull Apart Bread Recipes
- Homemade Little Caesar's Cheesy Italian Bread
- Ziptop Bread in a Bag
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Springtime Lemon Peep Brownies
- Rack of Lamb in Parmesan Crust
- Black Grape Smoothie
- Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Cinnamon Streusel Butter Cake with Caramel Icing
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
- No-Bake Layered Blueberry Cheesecake
- Spicy Pineapple Salad
- Gummy Champagne Hearts