Simple Salisbury Steak
Simple Salisbury Steak is a quick dish that will remind you of the comforts of home. Reminisce with your pallet of the easier times in life and enjoy this homemade salisbury steak. Recipes wish they could be as comforting as this one.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10.5-ounces) beef gravy
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the mushrooms and gravy. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the patties in a large skillet that has been preheated over medium-high heat. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning once.Remove to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the liquid. Saute the mushrooms over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Add the gravy and heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Pour the gravy over the warm Salisbury steaks and serve.
Read NextOne-Pot Beef and Beans