Beef Brisket in Beer
You love beef brisket. You love beer. Combine the two, and you've got a dish of perfect harmony. Beef Brisket In Beer is a tender beef recipe that calls for a special method of cooking in beer to create a delicious dish.
Like this easy brisket recipe? Check out this one and more in 10 Perfect Beef Brisket Recipes.
Cooking Time6 hr
- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 2 onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Trim fat from brisket. If necessary, cut brisket to fit into cooker. In crockery cooker, place onions, bay leaf, and brisket.
- Combine beer, chili sauce, sugar, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic; pour over brisket.
- Cover; cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours or on High setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer meat to platter and keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Measure 2 1/2 cup juices and place in a saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water; add to saucepan.
- Cook and stir till thick and bubbly. Cook for 2 min. more. Pass with meat.
Read NextGreat Gran's Greatest Goulash