Arizona Baked White Beans
This baked bean recipe is simple and uses common items you likely will already have in your pantry. Try these at your next cookout instead of the canned variety.
- 1 small white beans, sorted, soaked
- 1 bacon, sliced
- 1/2-2/3 c light brown sugar
- 1/2-2/3 c ketchup
- dry mustard
- Either soak overnight in 8-10 times as much water or boil for one minute in above amount of water and let sit for an hour, rinse.
- In a 3 qt covered dish lay a layer of beans. Squirt ketchup over the beans. Sprinkle brown sugar. Lightly sprinkle dry mustard and pepper. Drop layer of bacon. Repeat until everything is used up. Add enough fresh water to cover everything by 1/8 inch.
- Cover dish, and set in 300 degree F oven. Two hours later, check the water level. One hour later, do the same. Check every hour or so, until about 5-6 hours have passed and they are done.
Read NextRanch Style Beans
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Sep 11, 2013
Deve ser bom D ++++++
Jan 14, 2013
I love it
Dec 01, 2011
?? "1 small white beans" What? One small bag? one small can? 1 small Cup? Please designate the amount and type. (in cups, pounds, etc. how many bags = how many cans??) Please. One with some experience might figure out this means a bag, but "small" is relative. AND, Some (with fooad allergies or MCS - multiple chemical sensitivities) cannot use dry beans due to the chemicals used in processing them. How about a weight or ascertain how many cans to aid one in actually making this. Thank you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use