Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Bars
If you're looking for a new twist on easy cookie recipes try these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars. They're made using Cream of Wheat Cereal and the recipe is super easy to follow. Plus the peanut butter and chocolate chip combo is perfection!
Variation: Substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal, (1-min, 2-1/2-min or 10-min cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, cereal and baking soda; set aside.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Cut into 16 bars to serve. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Read Next5-Ingredient Lemon Bars