Spicy Texas Bbq Sauce
If you like your BBQ sauce recipe with a bit of kick, this Texas version features both red and green chili peppers. Adjust the spice to your own preferences.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firm packed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red chiles, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 12 ounces beer
- Heat all ingredients to boiling in a 2 quart pan.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened.
Makes 5 cups sauce.
For more BBQ sauce recipes and other BBQ recipes, check out 15 Finger-Lickin BBQ Recipes.