Best Chicken Chow Mein
No need to run out and spend your precious money on some greasy takeout when you can make easy Chinese recipes at home! This recipe for Best Chicken Chow Mein will make you forget that local Chinese restaurant. Bring on the flavor!
- 2 whole skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1/4 medium head bok choy, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Chow mein noodles
- Stir chicken broth and cornstarch together. Stir in the wine and soy sauce; set aside.
- Preheat wok, add cooking oil after wok is hot. Stir fry garlic and gingerroot 30 seconds.
- Add celery, stir fry 1 minute and add mushrooms; stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Remove celery and mushrooms. Add more oil if necessary. Add zucchini to wok, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy and stir-fry for 2 more minutes, remove from wok. Stir-fry chicken for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir into chicken the chicken broth mixture. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Return all vegetables to wok and heat through. Serve over chow mein noodles.