Shortcut Chicken Pillow Puffs
Great for a party appetizer or a quick weeknight dinner, these Shortcut Chicken Pillow Puffs come together easily and taste oh so good. The combination of chicken, broccoli and cheddar cheese is an all-time favorite and with this dish it's easy to see why. Plus using packages of refrigerated crescent rolls cuts down on your prep work and gives you more time to enjoy these delicious, chicken-filled pockets.
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- minced garlic to taste, optional
- 2 packages (8 ounces, 8 count) refrigerated crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, onions, bell peppers, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, paper and garlic. Mix together thoroughly.
Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place a glass upside down in the center of the cookie sheet. Roll out crescent rolls around the base of the glass, with pointy ends away from the glass. When you're finished, the arrangement will look like the sun.
Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto the thick part of each crescent roll. Fold the pointy end of each roll over the top of the mixture and tuck in the middle.
Remove glass from cookie sheet. Arrangement of the rolls will look like a fluted tube cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.