Cheesy Potato Skins
Need simple appetizer recipes for your party? You cannot go wrong with Potato Skins. Cheesy Potato Skins is a classic. Topped with cheese, sour cream and bacon, add some diced jalapenos for an extra kick.
- 3 medium baking potatoes
- vegetable oil, for coating potatoes
- seasoned salt, to taste
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- sour cream, for topping
- jalapenos, for topping
- picante sauce, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly and rub skin with oil. Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch. Cut in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 to 1/8 inch shells.
- Cut skins in half crosswise and deep fry in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Place skins on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, cheese, and bacon. Place under broiler until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream, jalapenos, and picante sauce.
Read NextRedneck Nachos