14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes
By: Nina Hoffman, Editorial Director, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Long before European explorers arrived in the New World, Native Americans used ground corn (corn meal) in their cooking. Cornbread became popular in the United States during the Civil War because it was inexpensive and could easily be made in different ways. People baked loaves of corn bread, fried up corn meal with other ingredients for a fast meal, and still others made cornbread casserole. Peruse this collection of 14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes and see for yourself how glorious corn can be!
Cornbread recipes have stood the test of time and have become a staple of dinners across the country. Some of the best cornbread recipes come to us from the South. From sweet cornbread recipes to cornbread muffins, there are a variety of ways to spruce up this classic bread. Best right out of the oven, slice open a piece of corn bread and spread on some butter. Warm and buttery, it complements any dinner. Enjoy these Southern cornbread recipes.
These cornbread recipes will go well with a recipe from our 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes free eCookbook.
14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes
Table of Contents
- Sweet Buttermilk Corn Bread (shown) - Here's a fantastic buttermilk cornbread recipe. It's sweet and moist, and it pairs nicely with chili, soup, or just about any warm meal. Serve it warm with a pat of butter. Mmmm!
- Southern Belle Bisquick Cornbread - This cornbread recipe gets its name because it is like a darling Southern belle ... perfect, sweet and wonderful.
- Sweet Corn Bread - If you're looking for an easy, basic sweet cornbread recipe, you've found it! This sweet cornbread recipe is a great one to bake with the kids, and the whole family will enjoy the fruits of your labors.
- Sweet Double Jiffy Cornbread - When you make Jiffy cornbread, you know it's going to be tasty. On top of that, you know it's going to be simple. Those are two good things, especially in a world where things are increasingly complicated. Make this Jiffy cornbread recipe today.
- Apple and Cheddar Corn Muffins - Apple and Cheddar is one combo that makes a great and flavorful muffin. These are great for breakfast, as a side dish at a barbecue, or as an on-the-go snack.
- Serrano Chili and Cilantro Corn Bread Muffins - This is a delicious corn bread muffin recipe that has a delightful balance of sweet and hot. The brown sugar gives a sweetness, and the serrano peppers give them their heat. Serve them with a bowl of hot chili for a great lunch or dinner.
- Slow Cooker Dressing (shown) - This homemade cornbread dressing recipe is delicious and goes well with turkey.
- Not Your Average Cornbread Stuffing - This unique recipe with cornbread is made with Italian sausage and is cooked in a skillet.
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole - This is my favorite Jiffy cornbread corn casserole recipe. As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much corn, and this recipe uses it three ways: regular, creamed, and Jiffy mix. It is so moist and delicious, it will make your mouth water.
- Mason Jar Chili and Cornbread - Just pour the chili into a mason jar, top with cornbread batter, and bake!
- Classic Cornbread Casserole - When you want some good, old-fashioned country comfort taste but don't want to spend all day in the kitchen cooking, try this recipe for Classic Cornbread Casserole.
- Skillet Cornbread (shown) - Enjoy this cornbread recipe with butter and honey at any meal. There's nothing better.
- Broccoli Jiffy Cornbread - Using Jiffy cornbread mix makes any cornbread recipe super easy and quick. We've added broccoli, mushrooms, and cheese to this one to make it extra good and extra nutritious.
- Best Ever Cheesy Cornbread - What makes a dish one of the best cornbread recipes? Cheese, and lots of it! This recipe has that requirement covered ... and then some! With Cheddar cheese soup and shredded Cheddar cheese, there's no dancing around the fact that this easy cornbread recipe is supremely cheesy.
For more cornbread recipes, check out this collection of 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Southern Grandma's Corn Pudding
- 21 Tempting Eggplant Recipes
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- Classic Potatoes Au Gratin
- Heavenly Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole
- Cheddary Pouch Potatoes
- Parmesan Baked Zucchini Bites
- Best Canned Green Beans
- 14 Tantalizing Southern Cornbread Recipes
- 14 Ridiculously Easy Zucchini Recipes
- 19 Wonderful Chicken Salad Recipes
- 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 33 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
- 35 Chicken Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- 42 Quick and Easy Recipes
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Pie Poppers
- Green Bean Casserole
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Frosting
- Healthy Mexican Corn Salad
- Cucumber Strawberry Salad
- Magic Buns
- Chocolate Mousse Tart with Coconut Crust + Fresh Fruit Flowers
- Chocolate Hazelnut Bars
- Chocolate Spider Web Jellies
- Easy Nutella Puff Pastry Balls