Warm Apple and Cranberry Sauce
This image courtesy of www.canolainfo.org
Warm Apple and Cranberry Sauce is a warm, delicious addition to any holiday dinner spread. This Thanksgiving cranberry apple sauce recipe will remind you of the warmth of home and family.
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 large Fuji apples, about 2 lb (1 kg), cored, quartered lengthwise and cut into half-inch pieces
1 tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
teaspoon salt (optional)
- In large, heavy saucepan, heat canola oil and add apples.
- Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until apples are lightly caramelized.
- Add water and lemon juice to pan, cook and stir briefly to deglaze pan.
- Carefully transfer apples to bowl of food processor and pulse just a few times to chunky consistency.
- Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and cranberries. Serve warm.
Per 1/3 Cup Serving:
Total Fat: 1g