We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a fun twist on an old favorite, this Thanksgiving stuffing recipe is perfect. Pretzel Stuffing uses Auntie Anne's famous pretzels, making it a delicious treat for the whole family.
- flour, for dusting
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 can (14-ounces) chicken stock
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 10 soft pretzels made from the Auntie Anne's® Baking Kit
- SOFT PRETZELS
- Auntie Anne's Baking Ki
- flour, for dusting
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
Pretzel Stuffing Instructions:
For this recipe, please follow the instructions for Soft Pretzels (below) and then refer to these directions for Stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, melt 2 sticks of butter. Add chopped celery and onion. Sauté on medium heat until onions are transparent.
- In a large bowl, cut up the 10 pretzels (this will equal the entire contents of your At-Home Baking Kit).
- Add pretzel pieces, eggs, evaporated milk, and chicken stock to sautéed onions and celery. Sprinkle in Poultry Seasoning and mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and bake in a 9”x13” pan at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Soft Pretzel Instructions:
- In a large bowl, dissolve contents of 1 yeast packet in 1 1/4 cups lukewarm tap water (105 degrees F). Let sit about 2 minutes. Water temperature must not exceed 115 degrees F.
- Add 1 dough mix to yeast/water mixture. Using a rubber spatula (or your hands), mix until dough ball forms.
- Turn dough ball onto lightly floured surface and knead until soft, slightly tacky dough is formed (approximately 5-7 minutes). Add a small amount of flour if dough is too sticky. Place dough ball into a large bowl that has been coated with nonstick spray. Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with nonstick spray and place on top of dough ball, tucking sides down around dough (to prevent dough from drying out).
- Place bowl in a warm spot (85-95 degrees F) for 30 minutes so the dough can rise.
Note: Reserve baking soda packet for later use. DO NOT ADD BAKING SODA TO THE DOUGH MIX.
If Using an Electric Mixer:
- Follow steps 1 and 2, combining yeast and water directly into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dough mix to bowl with yeast/water mixture.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, turn on low speed for 1 minute to allow dough mix to incorporate into the yeast/water mixture.
- Increase speed to medium low and continue mixing for an additional 4 minutes. Dough should form a soft, smooth, and slightly tacky ball.
Note: Bread Machines may be used to mix the dough (steps 1-3). Machines vary; total mixing time should not exceed 15 minutes.
Pretzel Baking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray an area of the counter with nonstick spray and turn the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter.
- Do not spray or flour the area where you will roll pretzels.
- Cut strips of dough that measure 1 1/2” wide by 8” long.
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle and move your hands outward while pulling, stretching, and rolling the dough strip.
- Roll each piece into a rope ½” wide by 36” long (about the thickness of your finger). Do not over-roll the dough strip.
- Shape dough strip into a “U” on the counter. Cross the ends (A & B), then cross them again. Pinch the ends to the bottom of the “U” about 2 inches apart. Use the pretzel printed on this page as a guide. Experiment with other shapes, letters, or numbers; use your creativity!
- Roll all pretzels before proceeding to step 7 (dough should yield 8-10 large pretzels).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups of very hot water (150ºF). Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat baking tray with nonstick spray.
- Pick up each pretzel by the pinched ends and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place pretzel on towel to drain off excess solution, then place on coated tray.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired; Cinnamon Sugar pretzels do not need salt.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, rotate tray 180 degrees and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Baking times may vary by baking trays.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter (optional).
- After baking pretzels and before they cool, brush butter over top of salted or plain pretzels.
- For Cinnamon Sugar pretzels, brush butter over top of unsalted pretzels and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu from RecipeLion
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall Free eCookbook
- Corn Bread Sausage Stuffing
- Thanksgiving Salad: 14 Easy Recipes For Your Feast
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes that Steal the Show Free eCookbook
- 250+ Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas: The Conclusive Menu
- "The Best Desserts for Thanksgiving: 11 Sweet Recipes for the Fall" Free eCookbook
- 52 Thanksgiving Cookie Recipes
- 30 Best Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- 36 Thanksgiving Recipes Free eCookbook
- 19 Wonderful Chicken Salad Recipes
- 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 33 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
- 35 Chicken Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- 42 Quick and Easy Recipes
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Best Wicked Witches Brew
- Dark Chocolate Chip Almond Smoothie
- Cedar Plank Salmon with Peach Pico De Gallo
- Dump and Bake Crispy Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Frosted Lemonade Recipe
- Banana Bread French Toast
- Campfire Nachos Recipe
- Fried Green Tomato Pickles
- 3 Ingredient Nacho Dip
- Cilantro Rice Recipe