24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects eCookbook and Craft Guide
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a fun twist on an old favorite, this Thanksgiving stuffing recipe is perfect. Pretzel Stuffing uses Auntie Anne's famous pretzels, making it a delicious treat for the whole family.
- flour, for dusting
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 can (14-ounces) chicken stock
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 10 soft pretzels made from the Auntie Anne's® Baking Kit
- SOFT PRETZELS
- Auntie Anne's Baking Ki
- flour, for dusting
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
Pretzel Stuffing Instructions:
For this recipe, please follow the instructions for Soft Pretzels (below) and then refer to these directions for Stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot, melt 2 sticks of butter. Add chopped celery and onion. Sauté on medium heat until onions are transparent.
- In a large bowl, cut up the 10 pretzels (this will equal the entire contents of your At-Home Baking Kit).
- Add pretzel pieces, eggs, evaporated milk, and chicken stock to sautéed onions and celery. Sprinkle in Poultry Seasoning and mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and bake in a 9”x13” pan at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Soft Pretzel Instructions:
- In a large bowl, dissolve contents of 1 yeast packet in 1 1/4 cups lukewarm tap water (105 degrees F). Let sit about 2 minutes. Water temperature must not exceed 115 degrees F.
- Add 1 dough mix to yeast/water mixture. Using a rubber spatula (or your hands), mix until dough ball forms.
- Turn dough ball onto lightly floured surface and knead until soft, slightly tacky dough is formed (approximately 5-7 minutes). Add a small amount of flour if dough is too sticky. Place dough ball into a large bowl that has been coated with nonstick spray. Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with nonstick spray and place on top of dough ball, tucking sides down around dough (to prevent dough from drying out).
- Place bowl in a warm spot (85-95 degrees F) for 30 minutes so the dough can rise.
Note: Reserve baking soda packet for later use. DO NOT ADD BAKING SODA TO THE DOUGH MIX.
If Using an Electric Mixer:
- Follow steps 1 and 2, combining yeast and water directly into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dough mix to bowl with yeast/water mixture.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, turn on low speed for 1 minute to allow dough mix to incorporate into the yeast/water mixture.
- Increase speed to medium low and continue mixing for an additional 4 minutes. Dough should form a soft, smooth, and slightly tacky ball.
Note: Bread Machines may be used to mix the dough (steps 1-3). Machines vary; total mixing time should not exceed 15 minutes.
Pretzel Baking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray an area of the counter with nonstick spray and turn the risen dough out onto that portion of the counter.
- Do not spray or flour the area where you will roll pretzels.
- Cut strips of dough that measure 1 1/2” wide by 8” long.
- Pull dough strip to stretch it out. Start in the middle and move your hands outward while pulling, stretching, and rolling the dough strip.
- Roll each piece into a rope ½” wide by 36” long (about the thickness of your finger). Do not over-roll the dough strip.
- Shape dough strip into a “U” on the counter. Cross the ends (A & B), then cross them again. Pinch the ends to the bottom of the “U” about 2 inches apart. Use the pretzel printed on this page as a guide. Experiment with other shapes, letters, or numbers; use your creativity!
- Roll all pretzels before proceeding to step 7 (dough should yield 8-10 large pretzels).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve 1 baking soda packet in 4 cups of very hot water (150ºF). Stir until nearly dissolved.
- Lightly coat baking tray with nonstick spray.
- Pick up each pretzel by the pinched ends and quickly dip into the baking soda solution. Place pretzel on towel to drain off excess solution, then place on coated tray.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired; Cinnamon Sugar pretzels do not need salt.
- Bake one tray at a time on the center rack in oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, rotate tray 180 degrees and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Baking times may vary by baking trays.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter (optional).
- After baking pretzels and before they cool, brush butter over top of salted or plain pretzels.
- For Cinnamon Sugar pretzels, brush butter over top of unsalted pretzels and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall Free eCookbook
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes that Steal the Show Free eCookbook
- Sweet Pepper and Andouille Sausage Stuffing
- Molly's Green Bean Casserole
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu from RecipeLion
- 303 Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas: The Conclusive Menu
- "24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects" eCookbook
- Best Stuffing Recipes: 14 Delicious Recipes for Thanksgiving
- "The Best Desserts for Thanksgiving: 11 Sweet Recipes for the Fall" Free eCookbook
- Easy Salad Recipes: 41 Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- St. Paddy's Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Cheesy Cheddar Burger Bites
- Easy Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu
- Cherry Chip Cake with Whipped Vanilla Buttercream
- Easy No-Bake Creme Brulee
- Whipped Cream Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 15 Best Homemade Italian Sausage Recipes
- MAX'IS Creations Hoop in a Mug Review
- MAX'IS Creations