It's called stuffing because the turkey is stuffed.
No, it's called dressing because you dress the turkey before you put it in the oven.
Maybe it's stuffing when it's inside the turkey, and it's dressing when it's separate.
Who cares? Let's eat!
As long as it's delicious, we don't care what you call it. The turkey might be the magnum opus of your Thanksgiving dinner, but it's hardly a feast without mouthwatering Thanksgiving side dishes like these homey 33 Thanksgiving dressing recipes and gravy recipes. Choose from a variety of stuffings (and dressings!) for all tastes, then top everything with your favorite recipe for Thanksgiving gravy. These Thanksgiving dinner ideas are the perfect way to personalize your feast. Mix and match to find the combination that floats your gravy boat!
Table of Contents:
Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes
Unexpected Thanksgiving Dressing Recipes
Fruity Thanksgiving Day Stuffing Recipes
Whether you prefer your bird stuffed or seasoned, these Thanksgiving dressing recipes make for an excellent complement to a gigantic golden bird. Complete the traditional display with these tempting recipes.
- Auntie's Favorite Stuffing
- Traditional Herb Stuffing
- Crunchy Thanksgiving Dressing
- Traditional Cornbread Dressing
- Chicken and Cornbread Dressing
- Cory's Slow Cooker Stuffing
- Celery Stuffing
- Amish Style Dressing
- Thanksgiving Poultry Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Stuffing for Thanksgiving
These stuffing recipes incorporate more unusual, but equally delightful ingredients. If your guests are more adventurous, or if you're tired of the usual run-of-the-mill recipes, try spicing up your feast with one of these dressings.
- Chile and Cornbread Stuffing
- Wild Mushroom Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Bread Stuffing with Oysters and Sausage
- Bread Sausage Stuffing for Turkey
- Thanksgiving Chestnut Stuffing
- Herb and Mushroom Gluten Free Stuffing
- Pretzel Stuffing
- Low Carb Stuffing
These Thanksgiving Day stuffing recipes and the perfect complement to a glazed bird or a whole roast turkey recipe that needs a little sweetness. Balance your Thanksgiving feast by adding harvest fruit flavors to the equation. You won't regret it!
- Cornbread and Dried Fruit Dressing
- Apple Pecan Corn Bread Dressing
- Fruit Filled Stuffing
- Apple Rosemary Dressing
- Apple Walnut Stuffing
- Apple Raisin Whole Wheat Stuffing
- Chestnut and Apple Stuffing
- Couscous Stuffing with Golden Raisins and Pistachios
Whip up a nice smooth recipe for Thanksgiving gravy this year. These recipes are great for drizzling over turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, biscuits and more.
- Porcini Mushroom Gravy
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Sawmill Gravy
- Three Pepper Gravy
- KFC Style Gravy
- Delivious Veg Gravy
- Popeye's Cajun Gravy Copycat Recipe
- Sausage Gravy
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes? If you liked this collection, be sure to check out 303 Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas: The Conclusive Menu for all of your main dishes, side dishes, desserts and more! Happy Thanksgiving!