Cranberry Raspberry Preserves
Cranberry-Raspberry Preserves are a great way to make use of any extra cranberries and raspberries you have lying around. This preserves recipe will make the most out of your extra cranberries and raspberries.
6 cups raspberries (3 pints)
3 cups cranberries (12-ounce bag)
cup fresh orange juice
grated zest of 1 orange
- Stir together the raspberries and 1 cup of the sugar in a medium bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
- Stir the cranberries and the remaining sugar together in a nonreactive shallow preserving pan and place over high heat.
- Stir constantly so the sugar does not burn until the cranberries begin to release juice, about 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking until all the cranberries have popped and the mixture is syrupy and comes to a boil.
- Skim off any foam that forms on top and continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes more.
- Add the raspberries and all their juice and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in the orange juice and zest. Remove a small amount of the jam to a saucer and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- If the mixture wrinkles when pused to one side, it is ready. If not, continue cooking for 5 minutes and retest.
- When the preserves are the right consistency, turn down the heat to a simmer and ladle into hot sterilized jars.
- Wipe the rims clean with a damp towel and seal with new lids and metal rings.
- Process in a hot-water bath for 5 minutes. Remove, cook, check seals, label, and store. Makes 4 one pint jars.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!