Roasted Chicken Fettuccine
Roasted Chicken Fettuccine is a magnificently seasoned dish with fresh garlic and a savory mushroom sauce to coat the Fettuccine. This will become one of your favorite chicken recipes to make.
pound fettuccine or pasta of your choice
2 large chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total), skinned and boned
5 teaspoons olive oil (divided use)
1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fat-free chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup Swiss chard or spinach, very coarsely chopped
- Skin and bone chicken breasts. Rub with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Grill chicken over high heat until surface is golden and crispy, but inside is still juicy and tender. Slice chicken into bite-size strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stir-fry pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until they release their juices, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat slightly and continue cooking until all mushroom juices evaporate and mushrooms shrivel, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute until golden brown. Add thyme, stock and wine. Lower heat and simmer until liquids reduce by one third, about 10-12 minutes.Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
- While sauce reduces, heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add Swiss chard or spinach and cook just until wilted. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and place half in preheated large soup bowls.
- Fan chicken breasts strips across top of pasta. Cover chicken with remaining pasta. Spoon mushroom broth over to almost cover pasta. Add wilted Swiss chard or spinach and serve immediately.