Angel Hair Pasta with Black Beans
This is a unique recipe for angel hair pasta! We recommend it for the whole family, it's a great way to try your kids on beans and squash!
1 pound angel hair pasta
1 can (12 oz.) black beans (or freshly cooked)
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 small onion, diced
2 zuccini, cubed
pound mushrooms, sliced
cup red wine
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons fresh basil (or dry equiv.)
3 tablespoons fresh thyme (or dry equiv)
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start the water boiling for the pasta.
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add onion, thyme, and basil, saute another couple of minutes.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms, toss, then add half of the wine. Saute about 3 more minutes, then add the black beans with liquid, and the tomato paste.
- Simmer over low heat until the pasta is done.
- Serve beans over pasta, with a garnish of chopped tomatoes and a dollop of yogurt; steamed squash and garlic bread on the side.
- Optional: slice zucchini and/or yellow (crookneck) squash, and layer them in a microwave dish with garlic, parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Add one tbs. water, cover, and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!