Angel Hair Pasta with Snow Peas & Scallions
Angel Hair Pasta With Snow Peas & Scallions sounds like a great recipe. It sounds as delicious as it is. Not only do the scallions make this a special meal but the fresh ginger adds that extra flavor just for you.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
pound snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, defatted
Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons cornstarch
12 ounces angel hair or capellini pasta
- Start heating a large pot of water to boiling for the pasta.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the scallions, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring frequently until the scallions are tender, about 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in the snow peas and cook until the snow peas are just crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, salt, and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- In a cup, combine the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water, stir to blend., and stir into the sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, cook the angel hair pasta in the boiling water until just tender.
- Drain well.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl, add the pasta, and toss to combine.
- Spoon the pasta mixture onto 4 plates and serve.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!