Diabetic, Low Fat Inside Out Turkey Sandwiches
Mix things up a little in your world of sandwiches. Make these inside out, healthy turkey sandwiches and enjoy. Your kids will love them!
2 tablespoons nonfat cream cheese
2 tablespoons pasteurized process cheese spread
2 teaspoons chopped green onion tops
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
12 thin round slices fat-free turkey breast or smoked turkey breast
4 large pretzel logs or unsalted bread sticks
- Combine cream cheese, processed cheese spread, green onion and mustard in a small bowl; mix well.
- Arrange 3 turkey slices on a large sheet of plastic wrap, overlapping slices in center.
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture evenly onto turkey slices, covering slices completely.
- Place 1 pretzel at bottom edge of turkey slices; roll up turkey around pretzel. Be sure to keep all 3 turkey slices together as you roll them around pretzel.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Goes great with a salad.
- Variation: For a "right-side-out Sandwich," use a tortilla in place of the pretzel. Place the turkey slices on the torilla; spread with the cheese mixture and roll up.